Grr!!! Lots of issues on the web trying to fix this error with their HTC Incredible:
Low on space
Phone storage space is getting low.
This is Dawn’s phone that we’ll have until her contract is eligible – then she’ll likely switch to another platform.
Stuff I’ve tried to no avail:
- Defrag both of the disks via Windows Disk Defrag in Windows 7.
- Update the programming on the phone via #228 (we have Verizon).
- Downloaded a hotfix from HTC for an issue where the phone wasn’t receiving any text messages. I downloaded and installed from the phone directly.
- Went back to the web and searched a bunch of forums. Landed on this thread No dice.
- Lots of complaints of people talking about application cache, etc.
Then I decided to go down the application install route:
- One recommendation I saw suggested finding apps that took a lot of space generally, and try to move the files to the SD card, or clear the cache of the app.
- Randomly looking at the apps, I saw that Netflix was on the phone. I moved that to the SD card memory and low memory error went away, but I still wasn’t getting the advertised update to the phone.
I then found a T-Mobile instruction guide on how to perform a cache reset (which was different than what Verizon suggested in terms of steps) and the cache reset worked.
For some reason, I’m still not getting the update. Grr. Who knows if I’ll figure this out.